Beads and Buttons Mask Ideas
We created two monochrome masks and added beads and buttons for an unusual twist. After decopatching the paper mache masks we added some floristry crepe roses, tulle net, feathers, buttons and beads to create two distinctive looks. This idea is suitable for an experienced crafter who wants to add something a little different, see our How To for instructions.
Flower and Button mask:
- Decopatch the mask with your choice of decopatch paper. See our handy guide How to Decopatch for instructions.
- For the floristry crepe flowers we used black and white crepe for the petals and the small rose stencil, following the stencil instructions. You may like to check out our Hints and Tips on making flowers here
- Once made we attached them using a cool melt glue gun to the back of the mask on one side only.
- Glue buttons in an eyecatching pattern together, when dry attach them to the front of your mask, on the opposite side to the flowers.
- Add some small pieces of tulle net, approximately 10cm x 15cm, to the flowers at the back of the mask, gathering the bottom edge as you glue.
- Finally add another 10cm x 15cm piece of tulle to the front of the mask, pinching it in the middle and gluing, leaving the ends free. Glue a button in the middle of the tulle and it's finished.
Feather and Bead Mask:
- As above.
- Glue feathers to the back of the mask on one side, we used white marabou and monochrome craft feathers.
- Cut three lengths of 1cm satin ribbon, 1 x 12cm, 1 x 15cm and 1 x 18cm. Tie a knot at the end of each. Thread 4 wooden beads onto each ribbon, we used 14mm black and white beads for the longest ribbon, 12mm black and white beads for the middle ribbon and 10mm black and white beads for the shortest ribbon.
- Glue the ribbons to the back of the mask , so the beads hang alongside the mask stick.
- Take a 30cm length of 25mm ribbon, fold in half and glue to the back of the mask.
- Using a 15cm length of black 150mm tulle, we pinched the tulle at its centre and attched a button with glue over the gather, to make a bow like embellishment.
- Finally we attached this tulle and button bow th the front of the mask.
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.