6 Ways to Fill a Glass Bauble
Glass baubles come in many different shapes and sizes so sometimes it's difficult to know what to do with them!
We have put together 6 things that you can put inside a glass bauble, suitable for Christmas, birthday decorations, wedding and more.
Quick and easy to do glass baubles are a beautiful addition to your Christmas tree or celebration decorations. Use bauble stands to create unique table decorations or give them as personalised gifts.
Here are a few hints and tips:
- When putting things inside a glass bauble carefully remove the metal bauble hanger and feed the filling through the neck. Do not force anything inside as this could break the glass, so make sure the item is small enough to fit.
- Plan ahead! Pick your items and colours before you pop them inside as it can be difficult to get them out if you change your mind!
- Use a narrow wooden stick or dowel to gentle move the items once inside the glass bauble being careful not to put pressure on the bauble neck or sides.
- Replace the metal bauble cap and hanging hook as carefully as you removed it! It can be a little tricky but its worth it for the unique results.
- If you do change your mind or do not like your filling, some items can be removed carefully using tweezers.
Take a look at the How To tab to discover what we like putting in our glass baubles.
Remember filled glass baubles are for decoration only so make sure they are displayed out of reach of children!
You may also enjoy these bauble craft ideas:
We love to see your crafts too!
Visit our social media pages pages and send us pictures of your glass bauble crafts.
Check out our competition page for a chance to win crafty prizes: Competition
- Feathers: Perfect for any occassion, you can use one or fill the bauble
- Sequins: Fill your glass bauble to the desired level using sequins or confetti. You can always add more until you reach the desired effect or tip out any surplus.
- Pom poms: These can be tricky to get through the glass bauble neck. Make sure you pick pom poms small enough so they do not put too much pressure on the glass neck when you insert them. We found that twisting the pom pom into the bauble is easier or using mini pom poms.
- Moss & Pine: Create a great natural look with floristry moss and artificial pine. We removed a pine spray from an artificial pine branch and inserted it carefully through the glass bauble top. Add some floristry moss in larger baubles or use extra pine.
- Pearl Bead Garlands: Available in vibrant colours they look fabulous inside larger glass baubles. Cut a small length from the bead garland and carefully insert them into the bauble until you achieve the desired look. We used 70mm glass baubles.
- Bells: They come in so many different sizes they are a perfect bauble filler. We used 6mm jewel coloured bells in our small assorted glass bauble ornaments and Christmas coloured bells in a 80mm glass bauble.
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.