How to Make a Decomesh Wreath
Here's our quick step by step guide on how to create a decomesh wreath.
Decomesh wreaths look stunning & can be tailored to suit any occasion.
Made from durable poly decomesh your crafted wreath can be used year after year & easily updated with the latest trends by adding new baubles, tinsel, lights & more.
Click the 'How To' tab to get started.
Here's our decomesh wreath craft step by step guide, we've added pictures to make it easy to understand!
- Pick your decomesh. (Picture 1). For a 14" metal wreath form we used 1 Metallic Silver Decomesh 25cm roll & part of 1 Iridescent White Decomesh 6.3cm roll. You will also need matching pipecleaners, we used 14 standard grey pipecleaners, but you will need a few extra if you want to attach baubles/embellishments.
- Cut 14 standard pipecleaners in half to create 28 pipecleaner 'ties'. Attach 14 of them to the outer ring of the metal wreath form as illustrated in picture 2.
- You should now have something that looks like this! (Picture 3)
- Take the remaining 14 pipecleaners (Fig.4) & attach them to the metal wreath form as in picture 5.
- When all the pipecleaners are attached it will look like picture 6. For a close up, see picture 7.
- Open your 25cm decomesh roll and bunch the end together, attaching it to the outside ring of the metal wreath by twisting a pipecleaner around it (Picture 8).
- Measure approx. 10" or 25cm of decomesh away from the tied end.Bunch the decomesh together and attach to the metal wreath with the next pipecleaner. (Picture 9).
- Continue the same process around the outside of the metal wreath, back to where you started. (Pictures 10 to 13).
- Your decomesh wreath should now look like picture 14 & the back of your wreath like picture 15.
- Now it's time to repeat the measuring, bunching & attaching process on the inner ring of the metal wreath (Picture 16 & 17).
- When you have completely finished it will look like picture 18. All you need to do next is cut off any excess decomesh and tuck the end through the metal weath form to the back.
- At this point of your wreath craft you can choose to add ribbons, baubles, lights & much more. We added a 6.3cm iridescent white decomesh 'ribbon', using the existing pipecleaners to loop in back & forth between the inner & outer edges around the wreath, as in picture 19.
- To finish it off, we then added some ornamental baubles from 'The Shoe Shop' (Picture 20). We used a few more grey pipecleaners to attach them evenly around the wreath to create an elegant fun display.
Once finished we used a suction cup wreath hanger to place it on our front door!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.