Chinese New Year Paper Dragon Kids Craft Idea
Celebrate the Chinese New Year with our fabulous paper dragon kids craft.
Suitable for kids of all ages and created using sugar paper and our Chinese Dragon printable PDF.
This is an ideal classroom or group activity, encouraging kids to use colour imaginatively and improve their hand eye coordination through using scissors and colouring.
If you're having a Chinese New Year party why not use this idea as a party activity, the kids will enjoy creating their own Chinese New Year Dragon to take home.
If you or the children enjoyed this craft you may want to try out origami. You can browse our origami supplies and kits here: Origami
Discover our other great kids crafts and inspiration here:
Remember we love to see your craft projects and share them with others, so why not send us pictures via social media or email!
Check out our competition page for a chance to win crafty prizes: Competitions
- Print the Chinese Dragon Printable PDF and colour using felt tips, coloured pencils or crayons.
- Cut out the dragon heads using child safe scissors. Younger kids may require some help from an adult but it is not necessary to cut around all the fiddly bits! Once the colouring is finished it’s time to create the dragon’s body.
- Cut 4cm wide strips from a sheet of coloured A4 or A3 sugar paper. Stick the strips together using a glue stick, 4 strips if cut from A4 paper, 2 strips if cut from A3 paper, so you have an extra long strip measuring approximately 90cm long. Create two strips in different colours.
- Create a paper accordion using the picture as a guide.
- Stick the dragon head to one end of the paper accordion and the Chinese New Year Dragon is complete! You could attach some curling ribbon to the back of the dragon head before sticking it onto the body or apply some self adhesive jewels for an extra special finish!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.