Christmas Elf on the Shelf Terracotta Pot Craft Idea
Decorate your home with our Christmas Elf on the Shelf terracotta pot idea.
Kids will adore our cheery elf pots and enjoy discovering what mischief and where they are hiding every morning!
They are quite easy to create too.
Why not start a new Christmas Eve tradition of a family crafting session making a terracotta elves and characters for the home.
Make your own elf in any size you like, just pick the terracotta pot size you like and get crafting!
Take a look at the How To tab for simple instructions, including a handy PDF Father Christmas/Elf Hat template.
You can adjust the colours to your Christmas theme, or maybe add Father Christmas, and then display a Christmas Family that everyone will enjoy!
Take a look at our other terracotta pot craft ideas here:
Remember we love to see your crafts too!
Visit our social media pages pages and send us pictures of your Christmas crafts.
Check out our competition page for a chance to win crafty prizes: Competitions
We used a 4.8cm terracotta pot with a 40mm polystyrene ball & 15mm googly eyes for our Elf on the Shelf. We also made a Small Father Christmas/Elf Hat using our PDF template.
- Paint a terracotta pot with Christmas Green acrylic paint and leave to dry. One coat is usually enough, but if you want to apply a second coat make sure the first is completely dry.
- Take a polystyrene ball and paint with Latte acrylic paint. You may need to apply a second coat once dry.Take a look at How To Paint Polystyrene or Styronfoam Balls for guidance.
- When dry stick on some googly eyes using glue dots or PVA glue and a small pink pom pom for a nose.
- Glue your the head to the bottom of the painted terracotta pot, we used a cool melt glue gun, but you can use silicone glue.
- While the glue is drying visit or Father Christmas/Elf Hat blog pages and download/print our Father Christmas/Elf Hat PDF Template.
- Glue the hat to the top of the elf's head.
- You can add a black felt belt if you like around the bottom of the terracotta pot and cut a belt buckle from gold card.
Create Father Christmas, more elves, even Mrs Claus and display your terracotta Christmas family!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.