Classic Time Travelling Father's Day Card
We created this unique Doctor Who inspired papercraft card for that special sci-fi Dad on Father's Day. Perfect for that Dad who would travel through time and space for you!
With the classic 1980's Doctor style, complete with eccentric celery boutonniere, this card would be cherished by any Time Lord fan. You could create a personalised card based on any other Doctor or character from this much loved TV series.
If you're planning to follow the exact design for this papercraft card, new crafters may find it somewhat challenging. Don't despair though, you can adapt this design to suit any crafting ability.
Did you know? The fifth Doctor wore a piece of celery on his lapel because he was allergic to a certain gas in the Praxis Range. Once the celery turned purple he would eat it and it would save him.
We used a red card blank and the following coloured card: Golden yellow, Christmas red, White, Lime green and Intensive green.
- Cut a blue card rectangle 12cm x 17cm and a yellow card rectangle 10.5cm x 15cm, and rounded the corners of each.
- Glue the blue rectangle to the red card blank in the centre.
- Using a red dye ink pad and a question mark stamp, stamp onto the yellow background. When dry glue this to the centre of the blue card.
- Using Peter Davidson's style of Doctor as inspiration, we made cut outs from card of his shirt and collar and glued them to the card using tacky glue.
- Cut some green leaves for the celery boutonniere and glue them to the collar.
- Next add a greeting to the top of your card in a classic Doctor Who style type. We drew ours out on yellow and blue card and carefully cut around them, adding silver gel pen highlights to the letters.
- Wait for all the glue to dry, add you greeting inside and you have a card perfect for your special Time Traveller.
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.