Fairy Garden Birdhouse Crafts
We adore our fabulous fairy birdhouse craft ideas, inspired by stories of fantastical garden sprites.
Adults and children will be delighted by these miniature homes designs.
Fairy birdhouses are a great way to use up leftover craft materials from your craft box, and can be as simple or detailed as you like.
We have created two different fairy garden bird box looks that can spark your imagination and inspire you to design your own.
This craft idea would be a great family crafting activity or a way to keep kids busy and engaged during school holidays.
These decorated birdhouses look stunning and can be adapted to suit any colour theme. Fairy garden themed bird boxes are great for a summer party, gifts or as an unusual ornament.
They are designed for indoor display, however they could be used in the garden as long as the sun is shining, but make sure you bring them inside before any rain!
Take a look at the How To tab or use the photos as inspiration, and create your own Fairy Garden bird boxes.
Display your fairy inspired birdhouses together or pick your favourite design get creating!
Find our great range of birdhouse supplies here: Bird Box
Our Making Luxury Paper Flowers information pages are perfect for this craft idea, you will find hints and tips on paper flower making and how to use our crepe paper flower stencils. Ther are also many other craft ideas with flower themes to inspire you.
Be inspired by our Blog here: littlecraftybugs Blog
For more craft ideas for adults and kids:
- Use white acrylic paint to applya a base coat to your wooden or paper mache birdhouse. Leave to dry.
- Apply colour to the bird house using acrylic paint. You may need more than one coat but always leave to dry between applications. Pick colours that suit your theme and complement your embellishments.
Traditional Fairy Garden house:
- When dry arrange the moss, wooden shapes, small birds, etc on the birdhouse. Once happy with their positioning use a glue gun or silicone glue to attach.
- We made a small fairy door with mini lolly sticks and a bead as a door knob. We then added moss to the roof and two small bird embellishements. These perfect small wooden flowers added an extra splash of colour too!
- Once dry, arrange the paper flowers, stickers on the birdhouse. When happy with their positioning stick on the stickers and glue the flowers onto the birdhouse surface. We added a little moss around the base too.
Choose where to display your Fairy Garden birdhouse and enjoy!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.