Father Christmas Terracotta Pot Craft Idea
Decorate your home with our Father Christmas terracotta pot idea.
Kids and adults will adore our cheery bright Father Christmas pots and they are quite easy to create. You could even start a new Christmas Eve tradition of a family crafting session making a terracotta Father Christmas for Christmas Day.
Make your own Santa Claus in any size you like, just pick the terracotta pot size you like and get crafting!
Take a look at the How To tab for simple instructions, including a handy PDF Father Christmas Hat template.
You can adjust the colours and create elves, or maybe a Mrs Claus, and then display as a Christmas Family that everyone will enjoy!
Take a look at our other terracotta pot craft ideas here:
Remember we love to see your crafts too!
Visit our social media pages pages and send us pictures of your Christmas crafts.
Check out our competition page for a chance to win crafty prizes: Competitions
We used a 8.5cm terracotta pot with a 60mm polystyrene ball & 25mm googly eyes for our large Father Christmas & a 5.7cm terracotta pot with a 50mm polystyrene ball & 15mm googly eyes for the smaller Father Christmas.
The elf is made from a 4.8cm terracotta pot with a 40mm polystyrene ball & 15mm googly eyes.
- Paint a terracotta pot with red acrylic paint and leave to dry. One coat is usually enough, but if you want to apply a second coat make sure the first is completely dry.
- Take a polystyrene ball and paint with Latte acrylic paint. You may need to apply a second coat once dry.Take a look at How To Paint Polystyrene or Styronfoam Balls for guidance.
- When dry stick on some googly eyes using glue dots or PVA glue and a small pink pom pom for a nose.
- Using white wool, we used white rug wool as it is the perfect length, glue it to the syrofoam ball to create hair.
- Glue your Father Christmas head to the bottom of the painted terracotta pot, we used a cool melt glue gun, but you can use silicone glue.
- While the glue is drying visit or Father Christmas Hat blog pages and download/print our Father Christmas Hat PDF Template.
- Glue the hat to the top of Father Christmas' head.
- You can add a black felt belt if you like around the bottom of the terracotta pot and cut a belt buckle from gold card.
Enjoy displaying your teraacotta Father Christmas.
To turn Father Christmas into an elf use Christmas green acrylic paint instead of red and when making the head there is no need to add wool hair. Add a felt collar before gluing on the polystyrene head and a black felt belt like Father Christmas. Add the elf to your terracotta Christmas family!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.