Make A Handprint Chick
This is a great craft for younger kids, who will love getting their hands messy! The chick makes a great farmyard craft and is also brilliant for Easter.
You can make a hand shape in two ways, the most popular option is to make a handprint with paint. The other, less messy option is to draw around your hand first and then fill in with paint or colour it in with felt pens.
You could try making other birds, maybe try a peacock using colourful feathers?
- There are two ways to make a hand shape. You could paint your hand and make a handprint onto a piece of white card or paper.
- For a less messy option, you could draw round your hand, colour it in and then cut it out. Card is better than paper for both of these methods as it won’t wrinkle when the paint dries.
- Once you have your hand shape, you can turn it into a chick! We recommend sticking the wobbly eyes on first, as then you can work out the proportions of the rest of the chick. Obviously the size of wobbly eyes that you use will depend on the size of the hand. As an indication, our hand measures 16cm tall and we used 15mm eyes.
- Then you can add feathers to make wings and cut out any features. We used orange foam as it’s sturdier but you could also use card or paper.
- Finally, embellish your chick with a felt tip pen. You can now attach a jumbo lolly stick to make a puppet or maybe a magnet!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.