Make An Easter Bunny Sweet Tree
This minty Easter Bunny Sweet Tree is a great alternative gift for someone who doesn't like chocolate.
We love this tree as it is relatively simple to make. It’s great for a sweet tree novice or as a quick craft for the more experienced sweet tree makers! It could also be a craft for an adult and older child to do together. It is also fairly inexpensive to make and buy.
We used a 150mm Styrofoam or polystyrene ball, a 19mm to 22mm wide wooden stick and a medium 98mm high green tin pail. You could alter the proportions upwards but any smaller and you will struggle to get enough minty treats on the tree to achieve any impact.
If you don't want to worry about which shape goes with which stick, then why not try one of our sweet tree kits? Available in various colours and quantities, each kit contains a stick, polystyrene shape and tin pail.
Take a look at our other Easter ideas:
- First, paint the wooden stick and the polystyrene ball with white acrylic craft paints. The polystyrene ball may need a few coats of paint to ensure that it properly coated.
- Once the paint is dry you will need to set the stick into the tin pail. You could use plaster of paris or some air dry clay. The tin pail will be able to withstand the heat from the plaster of paris, but be careful as little fingers might not!
- Next, from white card cut out two ears and then a slightly smaller version from some pink card. After sticking the pink card to the white card, cut upwards from the base of the ears about 2cm in three or four places. Fold these ‘tabs’ that you have now created backwards and forwards alternately and then attached the ears to the polystyrene ball with tape. You could use pins or double sided tape for a more invisible adhesion.
- Then starting around the ears we have attached Clarnico mints with foam sticky pads - we have used two foam pads for each sweet as they are fairly heavy. Use the twisted ends of the sweets to cover any gaps.
- Once you have stuck on your required amount of sweets, cut out some bunny feet from white card and attach them with foam sticky pads underneath the ball onto some of the mints. Then, add some 40mm googly eyes, a large 35mm pink pom pom nose, white card teeth and white card whiskers. The eyes and teeth are stuck on with glue dots and we threaded a pin through the knot in the centre of the pom pom and then through the whiskers before pushing into one of the sweets.
- Don't forget his pom pom tail! We have used a 70mm giant white pom pom, which we have also attached using a pin through the knot of the pom pom and pushing this into a mint.
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.