Making littlecraftybugs With Arms & Wings
Are you making our pom pom 'littlecraftybug' craft kits? Here's some hints and tips on how to make our pom pom bugs with arms or wings.
This page will be helpful if you're making our bat, alien, angels, flamingos or any of our littlecraftybugs with arms.
1. We find it easiest to start with the feet or base. If you have a pom pom bug with pre-cut sticky feet, just push the feet out from the surround.
2. If you have a pom pom bug with a foam square, draw a large heart shape on the foam square (a pencil is best) and cut it out. The pointed end of the heart should then be rounded off with the scissors. In case there's any pencil outline left, use this side as the underneath of the feet!
3. It's also a good idea to write names on the bottom of the feet or base at this stage if you are making these in a group craft session.
4. To help the body pom pom to stick to the feet or base, use scissors to give the pom pom a haircut on one side - just a trim though! Not only will it help the pom pom stick, it will stop it rolling off the feet before the glue dries.
5. To attach eyes, noses or foam features, put a small spot of glue onto the body pom pom, where you want the little bits to go, rather than putting the glue on the small pieces. This is far easier as little hands won't be trying to transfer gluey items from their gluey fingers!
6. Exposing glue (especially fast or high tack glues) to the air momentarily before joining parts together improves the speed of bonding. PVA glue is not a particularly fast drying adhesive, which is why it's used in kids crafts. If you choose to use standard PVA, we suggest time is allowed before the bugs are moved, packed in party bags etc.
For the Bat, Alien and bugs with arms: To fix your arms or wings to the pom pom body, push them gently out of the die cut frame if they have one - scissors are not necessary.
If they need colouring in or embellishing, do this before attaching to the pom pom body. Then gently part the pom pom so that you can see the centre of the pom. Add a blob of glue into the centre of the pom and then place the die cut shape around the core of the pom, fluffing the pom pom back up when finished.
For the Angels: To fix your wings to the pom pom body, add a blob of glue to the back of the pom pom and push the wings onto the glue.
For the Flamingo: To fix your pipecleaner legs and neck to the body and head, gently part the pom pom so that you can see the centre of the pom. Add a blob of glue into the centre of the pom and then place the cut to size pipecleaners around the core of the pom, fluffing the pom pom back up when finished.
When you attached your arms, wings or pipecleaners it helps to lean it against something until the glue dries.
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.