How To Make Tissue Paper Flowers
We love tissue paper flowers. They give maximum effect with fairly little effort. Plus, they can be used for loads of themes and occasions including Spring, Mother's Day and Easter.
You don't just have to keep them loose! They look great in a vase or tied in a bunch. You could even use them as a decoration or give them as a gift.
Design your own flowers with our supplies or save the hassle with our ready-packed kits!
We've added a few hints and tips to this page to help you with your tissue paper flower craft...
- Using about eight sheets of tissue paper, fold the tissue paper into a concertina
- If using standard pipe cleaners (which are 6mm wide and 30cm long), we recommend that you use a 200mm square of tissue paper, so that the edges all meet when fully assembled.
- The folds of the concertina should be about 15mm - 20mm wide.
- Wrap a green pipe cleaner around the centre of the concertina and twist it tight - not too tight though as it will rip the paper.
- If you shape both ends of the concertina with scissors, you will get a different shaped flower - it's nice if you round the end off or snip into the end, which will give you the finishes shown.
- Then start opening up the tissue paper - spreading it out as much as possible to make a full flower. A bit of teasing should give a full flower effect.
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.