Rainbow Unicorn Bird Box Craft Ideas
Get the whole family involved creating your own Rainbow Unicorn birdhouse crafts. All ages will be delighted by these colourful miniature homes designs.
Rainbow Unicorn birdhouses are a great way to use up leftover craft materials from your craft box, and can be as simple or detailed as you like.
We have created three different rainbow unicorn bird box looks that can spark the imagination and inspire you to design your own.
This craft idea would be a great family crafting activity or a way to keep kids busy and engaged during school holidays.
These decorated birdhouses look stunning and can be adapted to suit any theme and age group.
Rainbow Unicorn bird box crafts are great for a kids party activity, they'll love decorating their own birdhouse to take home as a party favour.
Take a look at our Rainbow Unicorn Party supplies to create the ultimate rainbow unicorn kids party!
They are designed for indoor display, however they could be used in the garden as long as the sun is shining, but make sure you bring them inside before any rain!
Take a look at the How To tab or use the photos as inspiration, and create your own Rainbow Unicorn bird boxes.
Display your brightly coloured birdhouses together or pick your favourite design get creating!
Find our great range of birdhouse supplies here: Bird Box
Take a look at our decoupage guides for inspiration, hints and tips that can help you achieve this craft:
Be inspired by our Blog here: littlecraftybugs Blog
For more craft ideas for adults and kids:
We used a Single Small Paper Mache BIrdhouse or Bird Box but you can use any size bird box you like.
Preparation for all Rainbow Unicorn birdhouse craft ideas:
- Use white acrylic paint to applya a base coat to your wooden or paper mache birdhouse. Leave to dry.
- Apply colour to the bird house using acrylic paint. You may need more than one coat but always leave to dry between applications. We used Azure Blue and Metallic White acrylic paints.
- When dry apply the rainbow unicorn stickers to the birdhouse.
- We applied a layer of PVA glue to the roof of one birdhouse, then sprinkled blue glitter on top for a sparkly effect. Remember to leave it to dry and add a wooden bead to the hanging string for a finishing touch.
- Alternatively, we cut a rectangle of rainbow coloured card and glued it to the roof of the metallic white birdhouse for a splash of colour. Remember to make a hole in the centre of the card for the hanging string to pass through.
- Prepare your birdhouse with a basecoat of white paint and leave to dry.
- Apply the Rainbow Unicorn napkins using our guides.
- Add some wooden beads to the hanging string to complete the look.
Choose where to display your finished fun Rainbow Unicorn bird boxes and enjoy!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.