Summer Bird Box Beach Hut Craft Idea
Try this fresh new birdhouse craft idea and bring the beach inside!
Birdhouse beach huts can be a colourful addition to any room, a great beach party favour or craft activity.
We were inspired by a photograph of Bournemouth promenade, taken by a member of staff, and decorated our bird box beach huts in blue, purple and pink acrylic paint.
This idea is suitable for everyone, adults and children will be delighted by these miniature hut designs.
Decorating birdhouses is a great way to use up leftover craft materials from your craft box, and can be as simple or detailed as you like.
This craft idea would be a great family crafting activity or a way to keep kids busy and engaged during school holidays.
They are designed for indoor display, however they could be used in the garden as long as the sun is shining, but make sure you bring them inside before any rain!
Display your bird box beach huts together to recreate memories of your favourite beach destination!
Take a look at the How To tab or use the photos as inspiration, and create your own beach hut bird boxes.
Find our great range of birdhouse supplies here: Bird Box
Be inspired by our Blog here: littlecraftybugs Blog
For more craft ideas for adults and kids:
- Use white acrylic paint to apply a base coat to your wooden or paper mache birdhouse. Leave to dry.
- Apply colour to the bird house using acrylic paint. You may need more than one coat but always leave to dry between applications. Pick colours that suit your theme.
- When dry, use glitter card to cover the roof of the bird box, remember to make a hole in the centre for the hanging string to pass through. You can use PVA, silicone glue or double sided tape.
- To make a life buoy around the bird box entrance, cut a ring of contrasting paper or card and stick it in place.
- To make the roof ridges cut small card rectangles, you can paint them in a complementary colour or use coloured card. Glue them to the edges of the roof at the front and back.
- Add a wooden door to the back of the bird box using small wooden lolly sticks. Leave them natural or apply a layer of acrylic paint. Glue them on using silicone glue or a glue gun. Add a bead as a door knob as a final touch.
Choose where to display your birdhouse beach huts and enjoy!
You will be offered the option to pay by debit or credit card during checkout.
All orders need to be completed online, with the exception of bespoke orders.
All prices stated include VAT and are sold in £sterling.
For large institutions, charities and government bodies we are prepared to release goods as a "payment on account" for orders over £20. Please see details under the "payment" options at the footer of this page.
It will always be to your advantage to register during checkout, as we will then be able to track your orders and also see this and future orders all in one place.
All orders are mailed the following working day using the mail option chosen in checkout.
The only exception to this is for "special delivery", whereby we will mail any order placed prior to 1pm the same day for delivery the following day.
We are able to mail to the UK and certain European countries, together with United States and Australia.
For full details of our delivery options and costs, please see the "delivery" section at the foot of this page.
The stock availability figure shown above is continually updated to ensure that it is accurate at all times. As you add items to your basket, you will see that this figure reduces to allow for the items that you have already added to your basket.
Items are fully reserved for your order as soon as a checkout is completed.
Not enough stock? No stock? If so, we are making and ordering stock regularly and will normally always be able to secure more, within a reasonable period of time. Please just let us know the product code (shown above), how many you need and when you will need these for - we will then be able to get back to you with a quick and meaningful reply.